rest your head

Saturday, April 01, 2006

feeling ridiculously old!

I'm having so much fun (although I must admit my back aches) playing handball in the gym now that I've found Pennsylvania's version of a "spaldeen". Yesterday, I was waiting for Glenn to join me, and was hitting the ball against the wall by myself in a pretty constant almost melodic way, and a song popped in to my head that I can't believe I actually remembered the words to!
"Hello, hello, hello, sir.
Meet me at the grocer.
No, sir. Why, sir?
Because I have a cold, sir.
Where'd you get the cold, sir?
At the North Pole, sir.
What were you doin' there, sir?
Catchin' a polar bear, sir.
How many did you catch, sir?
One sir, two sir, three sir, four sir.
That's enough for me, sir."
I remember my friends and I in knee sock competition! We would bounce the ball in the sock, standing against the brick wall of my grandparents apartment building where I also lived, from left to right raising our opposite arm on each "sir", and if I wasn't so afraid of looking ridiculous, I might just bring a knee sock to the gym on Monday : )

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you probably wear knee-highs under your church dress, so you can use one of those.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kath-o-lil said...

you're a fresh one you are!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home