rest your head

Sunday, July 16, 2006

ever watchful


Glenn and I were in the garden on the side of the house, cleaning up the mess the rain has made, and all the time we were out there all we could hear in the silence of the early morning was the beautiful birdsong of a cardinal. I could see it on and off flying from branch to branch in the trees in the back yard. I turned to Glenn and told him to say good morning to Adeline! Then tonight I got this email from Ann Marie..."We went to the museum today and after it closed, we sat under the tent outside to have some lunch. Guess what landed in a tree next to the tent? That's right, a cardinal. Of course Callie said "I knew the cardinal would find us, just like in the book." We tried to get a picture of it, but it kept flying to different branches, and then we couldn't see it anymore. So we headed for the car and guess what was sitting in the parking lot, right in front of our car? The cardinal! But I had already put the camera away! By the time I got it out, the cardinal had flown up high in a tree." Ever watchful...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Next thing you know, the cardinal will try to take my pulse.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Kath-o-lil said...

Why it's enough to make a person believe in God!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NEVER

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home